Veteran Nollywood actors Jide Kosoko and Yinka Quadri have appealed to Nigerians to continue praying for their colleague, Taiwo Hassan, popularly known as Ogogo, while explaining why the ailing actor cannot currently be moved from the hospital where he is receiving care.

The appeal comes amid growing concern over Ogogo’s health after his daughters, Lima and Kira Taiwo, revealed that the 66-year-old actor is battling stage-four cancer and publicly sought urgent medical assistance for him.

The daughters’ appeal sparked an outpouring of support from Nigerians, entertainment industry colleagues and other well-wishers, with several people offering to connect the family with hospitals, cancer specialists and other treatment options.

According to reports, the family was not primarily seeking financial donations but medical intervention and access to professionals or facilities that could review the actor’s condition and determine whether further treatment options were available.

In a statement shared on Instagram on Wednesday, Kosoko and Quadri said the response to the family’s appeal had been overwhelming, with more than 300 people, and possibly over 500, contacting them with offers of assistance.

The veteran actors said many of those who reached out genuinely believed they had something that could help Ogogo, adding that the family appreciates the concern and goodwill behind the offers.

However, they explained that the actor’s current condition makes it extremely difficult to move him from the hospital to different locations to receive assistance from individuals who have offered spiritual, traditional or other forms of treatment.

They appealed to those who had offered help not to feel rejected or offended if the family could not bring Ogogo to them.

The actors stressed that the family’s inability to accept every offer was not because they doubted the intentions of those offering assistance, but because of the practical and medical difficulties involved in moving the actor at this stage.

They also expressed gratitude to Ogogo’s fans, colleagues and well-wishers across Nigeria and around the world for the prayers, messages and encouragement that have continued to pour in since news of his condition became public.

Kosoko and Quadri urged Nigerians to continue praying for the actor, expressing their belief that he would overcome the situation.

“Please, continue to pray with us. We believe strongly that, with your prayers, our prayers, and the mercy of Almighty God, Taye will come out of this situation. There is nothing impossible before Almighty God,” they said.

The clarification comes as new developments continue to emerge concerning Ogogo’s treatment.

P.M. News reported on Wednesday that the actor had been admitted to an operating theatre as doctors intensified efforts to treat his stage-four cancer. Actress Toyosi Adesanya disclosed the development in an Instagram post, expressing optimism over the procedure.

The development followed the emotional appeals made by Ogogo’s daughters earlier in the week, in which they said hospitals had been unable to continue some forms of treatment, including chemotherapy, and called for medical professionals to help their father.

The daughters’ comments generated considerable public discussion, particularly over what stage-four cancer means and whether further treatment is possible.

A medical doctor, Olusina Ajidahun, subsequently explained that stage-four cancer does not necessarily mean that there are no medical options, but that treatment decisions depend on the type and spread of the cancer and the patient’s overall condition.

He also explained that patients with advanced cancer may sometimes be moved to palliative care when chemotherapy and other treatments are no longer appropriate or effective.

The doctor cautioned members of the public against promoting unverified herbal remedies as cures for cancer, stressing that such treatments could cause additional complications and interfere with appropriate medical care.

Meanwhile, several of Ogogo’s colleagues have continued to rally support for the veteran actor, appealing to Nigerians with connections to cancer specialists, hospitals and advanced treatment centres to come forward.

Actors including Femi Adebayo, Muyiwa Ademola, Wumi Toriola, Kunle Afod and others have publicly expressed concern over Ogogo’s condition and called for assistance.

For now, Kosoko and Quadri have urged the public to understand the family’s difficult position and continue offering prayers rather than pressuring them to move the actor from one treatment location to another.

Ogogo remains one of the most recognised figures in Yoruba cinema, having built a career spanning several decades as an actor, producer and filmmaker.

As his treatment continues, his family, colleagues and fans remain hopeful for his recovery while efforts continue to ensure that he receives appropriate medical attention.

About Author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Show Buttons
Hide Buttons